Sunday, December 9, 2012

Fun times before finals

Tomorrow marks the beginning of the last week of classes, and I could not be more excited. This semester has been tough and exhausting, and I can't wait to go home and relax with my family.

Yesterday was Chowder Fest on the commons, in which a bunch of the restaurants in Ithaca make chowder, you pay money for tickets and then get samples of all the chowder. Since I'm not an overly huge fan of seafood and most of it is some sort of seafood chowder, I don't eat a ton there. But it is still lots of fun and I actually got to taste some really good ones.

Chowder fest also means that ICE WARS. Ice wars is a big ice carving competition. Sadly, the weather was really warm yesterday so they were melting, but here are a bunch of examples of the artistry and skill














This statue is the mascot of the commons
Not sure why/what for.



No comments:

Post a Comment