Sunday, May 10, 2015

Shorter Week! Make Your Own Holiday Day! Fun stuff!

It was a shorter week this week, so my blog will be shorter. I think I said last week that I went to see the Avengers on Tuesday, and had to head back to work on Wednesday, right? Well, that's what happened haha.

The subject teachers picture for Teacher's Day next week.
Of course they put me front and center haha. These are the
wonderful ladies I work with every day.

These were at the mall on Tuesday 


Popcorn and a drink in one cup so you only
have to use one hand. What a time to be alive.

On Wednesday, we were talking about the months of the year with my sixth graders, so, because classes are off schedule, I did an extra, make your own holiday activity with them. I got some really great responses and some cute drawings. They're all over the place because my students' levels range from "can't read" to "really awesome."




Lol. Fat man diet.



so cute~

She spent so much time drawing she didn't
write anything 


Tire on neck day. I don't know.


This one is my favorite. Turtle racing at Gwanghwamun.

what a cute picture!


I liked the drawing
One group of boys got together and all talked about Kimchi day. I think they were inspired by the holiday in Spain where they throw tomatoes. 








Thankfully, we had a short week. I apparently have developed allergies to pollen here in Korea, so what I thought was a long cold was actually me being allergic to things.... Thankfully, Young Ah took me to get some stronger allergy medicine this week, so I'm feeling better and now I'm not suffering after being outside.

The weather is still in its glorious faze and is not yet hellishly hot or humid like it will be in a few weeks, so on Saturday, Cesca and I met up with Sarah for a picnic at the Han River, which is becoming one of my favorite things to do. Good weather, good food and friends? It's perfect. 

Sarah even found not stupidly expensive wine for
the occasion. Thanks for the cheese, Costco.

It was a little hazier than last week
but we could still see Namsan


Considering the 95 menus we got at the station
Chimaek by the river is divine

YUMMY variety pack

A lovely afternoon was spent here

In the evening, we returned to Cesca apartment to relax and do our Korean homework.

We also practiced for our dance class, where we were perfecting our Miss A dance. You can see it here haha.


We did a pretty good job, if I do say so myself.


Cesca had to deal with some neighbor plumbing problems today, so I went home to get ready for the week and to study, since I finished my Intermediate 1 book and have a test on Tuesday. 


I finally got to sign and submit my renewal paperwork, which means I'm 1 open class away from renewing at my school! Well, aside from all the visa stuff again... sigh...

 I'm supposed to do an interview as well, but I think that's not happening. Young Ah says it's cause they trust me, but I think it's more because it's open class season at school, so the higher ups are too busy to deal with my stuff before the deadline. Good timing for me, I guess haha. 

This is my lovely school staff. A teacher sent us pictures of our trip
a few weeks ago. Can you find me?

I'm super excited to spend 1 more year at the school, and then my tentative plan is to return home with my Korean level being pretty decent. I'm shooting for at least TOPIK 3, 4 if I work REALLY hard. We shall see how it goes. 

I'm tired from dance class and studying, so I'm off to get ready for the dreaded Monday. 

Happy Mother's Day mamma!!!


~~~

In lieu of my normal kpop this week, I've been listening to something weirder (besides my normal Kpop, but there was nothing new this week that caught my attention). Weirder as in I've been listening to Trot music, which, if you've never heard it, is kind of weird. But it's popular among older people here, and one of the celebrities on a show I watch sings trot, so I thought I'd check her songs out. They're quite catch and trot is very distinctive. 

I should practice this song to get bonus points at the next noraebang, cause most of the teachers sing trot haha.  



This is Hong Jin Young's Love Battery. SO CATCHY.

The music video is really cute too haha




No comments:

Post a Comment