Monday, January 30, 2012

I Bottini di Siena

So today we went on a mega cool, very scary tour of the aqueduct below the city of Siena. They don't drink the water from them anymore, but they are available to tour.

The spaces were very, very small and very dark. We each  had flashlights, but mine started to die like halfway through. It was an interesting experience, but it looked like a scene from a horror movie. The tunnels are so extensive down there that somebody could have crept up on us!

Then again, the labyrinth of tunnels also made me imagine the cellars of the Paris Opera House, making the whole thing seem Phantom of the Opera-esque. Yup. I went there.

Here are some pictures of the adventure!

Tight squeeze!

gotta watch your head!

less water than I was expecting

adventuring farther in


I kept expecting something to jump out 

Me=total fail. Slipped into the aqueduct. Classy

The way out. Fresh air!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment