Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Senior Year

Well, it has been quite the whirlwind, but after having only a few days to settle back from Las Vegas, I am now sitting comfortably in my lovely apartment, ready to begin my senior year at Ithaca.

Moving Cesca in was crazy, and I love her apartment. Sometimes I wish I had one with my own room, but beggars can't be choosers. I'm not living in the dorms again, and being in an apartment definitely makes me feel more grown up and like the big kid on campus. Liz and I made our first Wegman's run tonight, and it was a success (though food shopping is probably going to stress me out!)

Surprisingly, I have a car on campus. Mom decided that she and dad could share his and I could have hers to make shopping trips less difficult. I'm loving the sense of freedom I have with the car, though I'm still getting used to the idea of having it here. It still has what I call the Jesus fish on it, which is becoming something of an inside joke to me and my friends.

I have managed, again, to make my schedule full nut hopefully not quite so overwhelming as my last two years have been. While I loved my study abroad experiences and wouldn't trade them for the world, I am thrilled that I won't have to be worried about visas or paperwork or anything like that. I'll still have a few jobs (3 at the moment- I've just been offered a 4th that I probably will turn down) to worry about, as well as making sure I get in some exercise (Pilates and Zumba!!!) but I've managed the last 3 years so I'm hoping I can stay on top of things.

That's really all for now, I've just been reuniting with the lovely faces I haven't seen for 8 months and galavanting around Ithaca. Time for syllabus week- ugh. Here's to hoping my classes this semester will rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment