Monday, January 7, 2013

Thank you Universe

So you all probably know by now that my crazy fanaticism for Phantom knows no bounds, and that I've been spamming you all on Facebook or Twitter with the contest, hoping to win.

On January 2nd, the contest was supposed to end and winners were supposed to be notified. But the contest didn't end till 5, and on the 3rd they announced that emails would be going out shortly. I had to work that night, and it wasn't a lovely evening. I had received no email and had given up hope.

Around 9 oclock I was degreasing the booths at Burger King (yeah, it's as fun as it sounds) and was in a bad mood. I knew the contest was a longshot and I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up, but it is hard when you want something so badly.

Discouraged, I went to bed that night, resigning myself to the fact that I would not get to see my beloved Phantom for the 25th anniversary celebration.

I woke up the next day feeling slightly less depressed, and went to check my email as I normally do. That's when I saw this:


In shock, I grabbed my computer and ran into my room, shrieking at Cesca to get up (apparently she was having a zombie apocalypse nightmare and I had just broken through the defenses, which made her freak a bit when she woke up). I shoved my computer in her face. She gasped and looked at me with wild, disbelieving eyes. This kind of stuff doesn't happen to us. 

I ran around the house exclaiming my joy to the cats, as nobody else was around, then tried to burn off nervous energy. I called my mom to tell her the good news- she can't believe it either. She enters tons of contests all the time and never wins anything. How had I possibly done it???


Needless to say, Cesca and I are booked and ready to go to the gala performance. I'm taking her (read: dragging her) to the stage door friday night to meet the cast since they have a party after Saturday's performance and probably will not be stopping at the stage door after the show. I just cannot believe my luck. 

Sure, I have to skip classes on Friday, though it is only the first week of classes, and I'll be dead tired from the whirlwind adventure we are going to have, but it's worth it to make this crazy dream come true.

This also counts as our 10th Phanniversary celebration. Happy Phanniversary Cesca!!!

I. Am. So. Pumped.

No comments:

Post a Comment