Friday, June 7, 2013

This girl's got SEOUL

Woke up this morning to this email in my inbox:




AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

I'm kind of crazy with excitement! Most of my family was all "I knew you'd get it!" but I was actually really, really nervous because some people get accepted to the program but don't get a Notice of Appointment. I'm just relieved my NOA arrived today.

I still don't know when I'm leaving, and won't for at least another month, and I don't know what school I'll be teaching in, the age, or really much else besides the fact that I'm headed off to Seoul in August!!!

So for now I'm trying to commit the Korean Hangul alphabet to memory and trying to learn some key phrases. I can say "hello," "thank you," and "do you speak English?" soooo that's going slowly. I want to get a teacher or take a class while I am there so I can pick it up quicker and have a basic knowledge of it when I come home. That would be awesooome!!!

Off to watch more K drama and celebrate!!! Knowing this will give me inspiration to get through the long (now stupidly early starting) days at BK. CAUSE I'M GOING TO SOUTH KOREA!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment