Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Rainy but fun Jinhae!

Sorry it took so long to update! I got home late Sunday, went straight to bed, and have been busy or tired since then... 

The week was standard beforehand. Although... I did meet my actual official 6th grade co teacher. That was a little different. Turns out, she's been in Japan for the last year and a half studying math education. In Japanese. So, she's understandably not too gung ho about teaching English. But she's super nice, sweet, but also firm with the kids. She's bubbly, young and fun, so I think we will have a good time together. She's doing her best with the English thing, and I think lots of it will come back to her once she gets the Japanese speaking compulsions out of her head haha. 

This week was also the first class of April at my Korean hagwon, which means it's been 1 year since I started!!! Lauren and I have studied there together the entire time, which has been rewarding despite my frustrations with Korean. I'm understanding more, participating at school more and having a much better time after learning there. I should try and study harder, but we will see haha. Anyway, I can't believe it's been a year of consistent korean classes 3 days a week. I'm excited to see what maybe another year could bring me!

Dust got hazardous and I sprung for a legit
particle mask. So attractive

Sometimes I have to lay down the law to my
students...

Sarah likes to imitate faces

Sake with sushi for Sarah's birthday

Someone is a fan of GoT

On Saturday, we woke up super early,5 am, a difficult task after celebrating Sarah's birthday Friday,  but it turned out to be worth it. Jinhae is famous for having really nice cherry blossoms and very scenic paths to see them. 

Despite having some trouble with traffic and late arrivals, as well as eventual POURING rain, we got to see some spectacular views of the cherry blossoms.








Jinhae has a train track that you can actually walk on and get super close to the train, so people took a lot of pictures. I took pictures of people taking pictures. 







Then we walked on the tracks!



Jeanie and Cesca show off our snacks



cheeky train selfie


By the time we got to the stream, it was super pouring. We got to see the tracks before it rained, so that was nice. Even with our umbrellas up and our pants soaked, it was a beautiful sight.



Ces was not impressed. But actually
she was. She just likes to be contrary 



We were seeking out potato tornadoes. Jeanie
was most pleased

People trying to get on the tiny train. Oof

We stopped for refreshments so we could warm up

I took pics on my camera and phone, and I'm too lazy to rearrange them all, so here are more haha


So beautiful!





Cesca and I tried to be super cute. I think we succeeded.




Enjoying the stream despite the rain




We headed over to Busan for the second part of our trip, since Jeanie and Cesca hadn't been yet. The tour offered both, so it turned out to be a great investment.


Our motel had a great view of Gwangali!


We saw more cherry blossoms!

The year or the snake

Cesca continuing her trend of moving when we
are supposed to take a pic



Pagoda for traffic safety. Korea needs more of these

Our tour took us to the highlights of Busan, like the temple on a cliff that I'd seen last year. It's still awesome.




We admired the GIANT POST BOX




take me hoooome to my mamma and daddyyyy


Fun with statues 


We of course had to goof around with the horse statue


This is my favorite picture from Busan



Yeah. My life is tough. Gotta deal with this.

Haeundae

The little mermaid statue. She looks longingly
at the sea cause she got married off to a landlubber
and misses her family






We finished our meal at the Wolfhound, which is one of our favorite pubs in Seoul. So of course, we had to check out in Busan!



Here are some selfies that our Busan leader took at the cool places in Busan!






Sorry it's so short today!


~~

This is the only song anyone needs to listen to during cherry blossom season. Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment