Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Finally home

This last week has been a whirlwind and I finally have time to sit down and make this post. First of all, I had to say goodbye to my lovely family and friends in Siena last week and return home to the United States. After about 22 hours of travel, I arrived home safe and sound. Here are some pics of the last night in Siena

Last campo sit

With my Italian teacher Roberta

Being as tall as Emily and Charlotte 

Econ class!

Maggie and I both have twins!

With Maddalena and Greti, two of my cutest, coolest
professors

Hanging out in the campo one last time 

Me with my host mom, Paola. Saying goodbye to her was
the hardest thing to do and I love her and miss her so much

Not even 24 hours after my arrival back to the states, I had a ton of things to do. I had some banking errands to run and had to report to the DMV to get my license renewed, as it had expired while I was abroad. After my mom got home from work, we hopped in the car to attend some graduation festivities with Cesca. There was a candlelight service Friday night, an awards ceremony Saturday and her graduation Sunday. We also had to pack up her whole apartment and move it to storage, so it was a pretty busy weekend.

isn't she lovely?

Twins!!

Getting an English award

Such a winner

Heading to the ceremony


waiting to walk across the stage

Proud parents

My lovely sis graduated as an Honors graduate
Summa Cum Laude. SO PROUD BELLA

receiving her class of 2012 t-shirt

After returning home Sunday, exhausted, the whole family gathered to watch Game of Thrones (I was so excited I could finally watch it when it airs and that I didn't have to find it illegally the next day).  The last few days have been filled with errands, unpacking and family visits. I start work next week and I just found out today that my top wisdom teeth are coming out June 7th (those damn things just won't leave me alone- I was hoping they wouldn't give me any problems. They are -_- ). Cesca and I are also planning a trip to Vegas, and Ronnie and Nic return home from their programs at the end of May. So the summer is already shaping up to be busy!

It is so nice to be back in America where everything is in English all the time and people respect personal space, but I will always have a place in my heart for Siena and the people I met there.

No comments:

Post a Comment