Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Smoothie King (aka HELL)

This Memorial Day weekend, you may have seen some advertisements about your local Burger King and the deal they were offering on Smoothies and Frappes for $1. Sounds great, right? A nice, cool, delicious drink for  a fraction of it's normal price... sounds fantastic.

Except it isn't when you have to make about 100 of them in a freaking hour. Our sales projections were only 142 total each day of the sale. Saturday's numbers topped out at over 800 smoothies and frappes. I was at work all day Sunday and Monday and believe me, I made a good amount of them. Not only did we only have one blender, but people always order like 3 different types of smoothie or frappe, so that you have to do three different mixes and blends each order (at least). When someone orders 8 smoothies and there's a huge line behind them all thirsty for a deal, shit hits the fan.

Thankfully, my weekend at smoothie king went by in a flurry of strawberry banana, tropical mango, caramel and mocha concoctions (I actually do professionally recommend the strawberry banana and caramel, and my mom really like the mango) and my 17 hours at smoothie hell went fast.

All I'm saying is be kind to the fast food workers you come in contact with. They go through hell and high water and receive nothing but animosity in return. Thankfully this job has given me lots of paychecks and helped me develop enormous patience over the last 4.5 years (November 1st marks my 5 year anniversary with BK) and since it helped me get to London and Italy, I can't really complain. Well, I can complain. A lot. But I'm grateful as well.

In other news, I got my grades from Italy! 3 A's and an A-. I don't consider that straight A's, but I'm sure as hell not complaining since the amount of caring I did was minimal and 2 of my classes were completely in Italian. I'm pretty proud I didn't bomb Art History, actually.

Well, off to make a welcome home pie and poster for my friend Ronnie, who arrives home from Japan this Thursday. I'm so beyond excited to see her!!!

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment