Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Almost 5 Years

I was reflecting on my time at Burger King today as I only have 2 weeks left there for the summer before my trip to Vegas and return to school. November 1st, 2012 marks my 5 year anniversary as being an employee at Burger King. Hard to believe my start date was in 2007. Only the managers and 3 of the day employees have been there longer than Cesca and I, even though it hasn't been for 5 straight years. I think it says something that I spend 4-5 months there in total while in school.

Anyway, I was just reflecting on the last 5 years and how things had changed. Here are some differences from 2007 to now. 5 years at Burger King has brought these changes:

When I started, I was a junior in High School. I hadn't graduated yet. I was 16 years old.

I didn't have my license- I barely knew how to drive.

I hadn't even thought of Ithaca College as a possibility, nor did I know what I wanted to do or study.

I hadn't been away from home for longer than a week.

Cesca and I hadn't been apart for longer than a week.

The only other country I had ever been to was Canada, and that hardly counts.

I only spoke 1 language. My Spanish was still basic at this point. I hadn't even thought about Italian

I had only seen Phantom of the Opera live once

I had never kissed a boy

My boss had a 1 year old and 7 year old twin boys- her boys have now hit double digits (12 years old!) and her daughter passed the 5 year mark a year ago- this makes me feel old

2 current managers were team members with us


I'm sure I'll think of more


No comments:

Post a Comment