Sunday, October 24, 2010

He had it coming

So, we went and saw Chicago today. It was awesome. I can't believe I went a whole year at a college with one of the best theater programs in the country without seeing anything there! What is wrong with me!?

So I'm in a theater discussion mood now, considering in a mere 2 months I will basically be packing for London. Yes, it is that close!!!

I'm a bit overwhelmed, thinking of money, flats, flights and everything in between, but I am SO excited to be going. I talked everything out logistically with my mother and it seems like everything will work out fine.

There's so much to see and do in London, and I am so super stoked about being a few subway stops away from the theatre district. Not only because this means I will get to see Phantom on the West End at least twice, something I've been dying to do, but there are so many other shows that I will have the opportunity to see. Being a theatre lover but living 8 hours away from Broadway is a hassle (I mean, don't get me wrong, we get shows in Buffalo, but there's something special about seeing things on the Great White Way). So to be a few blocks away from the Broadway of Europe is a dream come true. I can't wait to see Phantom, but my plans also include Les Mis, Billy Elliot, and anything else I can get cheap tickets for (hopefully I get to take the theatre class that gets us into like a dozen shows- surely one or two will be musicals!)

So, anyway, with all the wonderful expereinces and travel that awaits us in Europe. the thought of going to class tomorrow makes me cringe. It all just seems so mundane when I think that in like 2 months I'll be in freaking London. It makes my Writing for the Workplace proposal seem like child's play. Ugh. 2 months.

30 class days plus final exam days. I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment