Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Fun Times

A raven is like a writing desk because Poe wrote on both. Take that Tim Burton's Alice and Wonderland, I know the answer! Anyway...

It has been an eventful week already. Not that we've actually done a ton of stuff, but we've been planning things for a while and are finally getting settled with what the heck is going on.

First, we booked our flight home from Paris. Which probably cost more than half the trip. Seriously. London to Paris is expensive.

Then we booked both our flights and our hostel in Dublin. I have a few friends that studied/are studying there plus others who have visited to get an idea of what to do, so that promises to be a great weekend.

Today on my break I walked down the the Lyceum Theatre and bought tickets to Lion King for Andrea and I. 21 pounds! I'm excited. I haven't seen that show since it came to Buffalo in like 2005 so it has been a while. I am super excited to see it again.

We are also planning/booking a day trip down to dover to see the white cliffs at the end of April. Which means I have basically something planned for every weekend till I am gone. This weekend- The Tower of London. Then we plan to go eat meat pies on Fleet Street while we sing "The Worst Pies in London" from Sweeney Todd. Oh yeah, I am stoked.

So that's the plan for now. Other trips include the Globe Theatre and the Imperial War Museum, which I will be doing myself at some point when I have a free day in a weekend. Not sure what I have planned for the wedding weekend (you know, besides crashing it), so that's also a possibility.

In other exciting news, I almost had a heart attack at work today. Sofia Escobar (the West End Christine that I just saw last week) came in to buy a Good Luck card for the Raoul that was performing tonight (he's a second cover and it is his first time!). I instantly recognized her from the programme (and last week at the stage door). She obviously didn't remember me but is super sweet and I was so excited. I wished her a good show and then hyperventilated for like 10 minutes.

All in all, a good week so far.

Picture time!!!!

I love these statue people. There was one in front of the National Gallery today

Plus a bagpiper! 

 
I thought this was so adorable- someone designed this as their wedding invitation

Tickets to all of the things I've seen so far (or will see, Lion King is in there). Many more will be added soon

No comments:

Post a Comment