Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Stop 1: Pisa

Before I talk about Pisa, I just want to say I love my friends. Casey and Andrea are going to Greece today and they're missing my birthday. I was sad but okay with it cause Liz is making me Chicken Parm, but I came home today after a long day (work and seeing Frankenstein at the National Theatre) to walk in to this:

Andrea made me a cake!

They did such a good job!

Especially compared to last year's writing disaster. Haha.


Anyway, Pisa. Awesome. Although because I was sick, my ears popped so bad on the descent that I wanted to cry and also couldn't hear. Cesca, Sarah, Mary and I found our hostel then a restaurant to get some Italian food. Yum! It wasn't amazing, and Sarah ended up with a salad on her pizza, but hey, that's life.



Then, after a rough night of coughing and wheezing and loud neighbors, we set off for the day. Starting with nutella. The Italians LOVE nutella. Now I do too. 

Nutella waffle. Oh, the deliciousness.

So much nutella. So prime.

We also stopped off for some gelato as well. The first of many, I can assure you. It was so delicious and wonderful and I never want ice cream again.



Afterwards, we headed off to the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Crazy difficult to walk up as it is LEANING so gravity has strange effects on how you walk. Plus the stairs are so worn down and smooth that it is crazy. It was a great experience, but we were in a big time crunch after so we high tailed it back across Pisa to the train station to head to Perugia! Pisa was our shortest day, so expect some really long posts after this one!


Leaning Tower. Yeah. Pretty cool

Twins at the top!!!

Train ride!!!!!!!!!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment