Friday, April 29, 2011

The Big Day

Alright so now that my life is back to normal and the wedding is over (which was beautiful and amazing to watch by the way) I can talk about the happenings of this week. Buuuut you should see my twitter feed that I was posting on while I was watching the wedding. It was an emotional day!
Read  from bottom to top for each of these


This is the last one


Anyway, speaking of romantic stories, I finally got the chance to see a Royal Ballet performance at the Royal Opera house and it wasn’t a tragic ballet! It was Cinderella! It was a lovely, amazing performance. And I had a good seat at a reduced price because it was limited legroom. HA! Not for a girl who is almost five two. It was beautiful, even during what must be a terrifying but terrific effect: At Cinderella’s entrance to the ball, she walks slowly down the stairs en pointe the whole way. Now, I don’t know if you’ve ever had to walk with all of your weight concentrated on the small tip of a cardboard and paste shoe, but it is pretty intense, let me tell you. But the effect is lovely.

My seat. My friends can be seen at the top right corner of this photo

After her triumphant entrance- I didn't take this, don't worry

I even ran into some friends who happened to have tickets to the same night which was really fun. The show made me miss ballet a lot. Time to practice some pirouettes in the flat when nobody else is home!

Tuesday was boring. I had to work so nothing very interesting there.

Wednesday was lovely. Sad, but lovely. It was my last day at my work placement, which has turned out to be fortuitous (since it is right next to Phantom) and fun. Sadly, Noelle got a new job so if I’m ever back to visit she won’t be there. They even gave me a voucher from ‘The Bank of Pall Mall Printers and Stationers’ which I got to use to get something from the shop. I also wanted to do something nice for them so I visited this awesome bakery called The Hummingbird Bakery and got some really nice cupcakes to say thank you for everything. And I got one for myself. Because they are delicious.



Wednesday was also lovely for other reasons. Let’s just say I’m the luckiest girl in the world and leave it at that.

Thursday was also wonderful because of a few things. It was the last day of my classes. YES!!!!!!!!!!! Then Liz and I went with our theatre class to tour the National Theatre which was really cool to see backstage and all the different theatres and props they have.. We got to see the polar bear puppet from Greenland (Uh, probably the only good part of the show) and the horse puppets from War Horse. Totally cool.

Then I ran off. Like literally ran off to catch the tube to Oxford Circus so I could catch a performance of The Wizard of Oz. Yes, I did go catch the show. Partially because we did it in high school and I was curious, and partially because, oh yeah, Michael Freaking Crawford is in it and I’d be damned if I was in London while he was performing and didn’t see him. Thankfully, I did see him and did get to meet him afterwards, though I was just about the only one who wasn’t waiting with small children… Oh well. I also got to meet Danielle Hope, winner of the BBC show Over the Rainbow which was like a reality search for the star of The Wizard of Oz. She was great! But overall it wasn’t the best show I’ve seen. I didn’t like some of the changes ALW made, as he was the one who pioneered this new version. Whatevs, it was a great night.

Danielle Hope and Michael Crawford

You've seen this pic but whatever

Danielle Hope! She's so nice!


I got home and was too excited to sleep, so I didn’t go to bed till late and had to drag myself out of bed this morning to watch the coverage of the wedding. Which I loved. It was a great time. I had to rush in the middle between the procession and the balcony to work but I made it in time (the tube was surprisingly very painless today because of the holiday).  The staff (Claire and Sarah- not my flatmate) and Jason, the other work study student that works on Fridays and I all sat in the office and watched the couple’s first kiss! I loved the whole wedding, it was so cute and lovely!

Then I watched a ton of TV since I usually watch it in the morning. The Office made me cry. Bye Steve…

Hamlet awaits for me tomorrow! And I’m meeting a friend from home to go to Harrod’s Sunday. It will be a great time. Gah 10 days left. I don’t know how I feel about that right now. Bittersweet I suppose. Not gonna dwell on it! Time to enjoy the rest of the Wedding Day and weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment