Friday, April 8, 2011

I laugh in the face of danger. Ha ha ha ha!

So, how's the weather over there? It is a bright and sunny 70 degrees today, and it has been for the past few days. I don't need a coat, even at night. How brilliant is that? What? It's still snowing over there, oooh, geez, my bad.

No seriously though, the weather has been beautiful, which makes it hard to stay down, even though it is getting close to finals time and I'm starting to have more work and life is getting a bit more stressful. Oh well, you can't be sad when it is sunny in London!

On Monday at work, we had to start putting up Easter stuff, so we spent most of the day making origami rabbits and chicks. Please note: origami is not one of my strong points. At all.

Chicks!

Chicks and rabbits

Nothing really crazy happened this week except that Andrea and I went and checked out a performance of The Lion King on Wednesday. I'd forgotten how awesome the show is, though there were some parts I wasn't a fan of (Timone wasn't as good as the one I saw before, and some of the additional songs/scenes were a bit overkill). But what I do remember the costumes being awesome, and they totally blew me away again. If you get the chance to see this show, dooooo it.

The Lyceum Theatre
Not bad seats for 21 pounds. Safety rail in view, in the way a bit, but better than back row


Favourite parts: The beginning where all the animals come out (the giraffes were andrea's favourites) and they march down the aisles

the opening of Lion King, The Circle of Life


The stampede- still gives me chills

the costumes in general, especially Scar's and Mufasa's

"I know it sounds sordid, but you'll be rewarded when at last I am given my dues!"

The masks move and cover their faces when they move their heads a certain way. So. Cool.

Most of the songs

Rafiki

Seriously, just watch this to be shown, or reminded, of the awesomeness that is The Lion King







Andrea and I then had fun running down the 193 spiral stairs of the Covent Garden tube station, since there isn't any escalators and the elevators were packed. Fun times.

Check it out here: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150258760511632&saved

Yesterday, our friend Rachel invited us over to her flat. Her cousin is doing a dissertation for Psychology and she needed people to be part of her experiment, which was basically a math test with some psychological meaning behind it (I think it had to do with competitiveness). Anyway, with the promise of a free meal to get us to come, I was hooked. I have food in the house, but a nice meal I don't have to cook or pay for? I'm down.

It was nice to just relax and not have a hectic Thursday of running to buses and catching planes. We're hanging around this weekend because of that reason. We're exhausted (well, except Casey, she went to Germany to visit a friend) so I'm gonna hang around here this weekend, maybe check out King's Cross. It will be prime.

No comments:

Post a Comment