Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I don't know why you say goodbye

So now that scheduling is all figured out, for the most part, I am less stressed about life. I have a plan and if I stick to it, I should be all set for completing everything I want. So that's really awesome.

Happily, I signed up for my minor today, so I am almost officially minoring in Italian. I am very excited about this fact, because in the same vein (as in, the vein of Italian) my professoressa told us today that we only have 2 more verb tenses to learn in 102 and just one in 201 if we so choose to continue. Which I obviously have. So, while this semester has been grammar intensive, it is totally worth it! Now we are probably just going to be learning nitpicky stuff, and when I say now I mean next semester. Which is practically now.

That is an exciting and scary prospect. I'm excited since our first year is almost over, but a little sad too. It kind of flew by. It seems like only a few days ago I was shedding a couple of tears as my parents left me here, and I just wanted to go home. Now I kind of want to go home to see friends and family, but this is also like my home (and will be for part of the summer). So I'm sad too, because I don't want these 4 years to fly by and me to miss out on things or regret things, and I'm worried about the future after college, what with jobs and families and all of that that I refuse to think about until at least junior year.

So, Glee started again, and it wasn't what I expected it to be. It was funny and awesome, but I'm just sad about the whole Will/Emma thing, but I'm not giving up! I think Will just needs to find himself and in doing so will realize that Emma is the one for him. So yeah. That's what I want. I also want Jonathan Groff's character to not be a douchebag, but apparently that isn't going to happen. Meh, it's a pretty formulaic show, but I LOVE it all the same. Extra points because they mentioned Phantom in the episode.

I was really agitated yesterday and didn't feel like accomplishing homework, so I did something much more important- leveled up my characters in Final Fantasy VIII. There is nothing like laying waste to hundreds of random monsters to get the bad energy out. Anyway, since that makes almost no sense to nongamers, I'll be brief with this section. Sarah and I are making excellent progress, which I am pleased with. I'm also pleased with the fact that I can balance gaming with normal social activities and haven't become a recluse in my room like some gamers we know, like World of Warcraft. Cause that's just odd. And gives normal gamers a bad reputation.

This week has also been better in the fact that I am sleeping better during the night. I fall asleep without too much tossing and turning, and sleep relatively soundly for most of the night, something I have been having problems with for the last few weeks. So hopefully my body has righted itself and I won't be so tired all the time. Naps are still good.

Also, while mailing things at the post office, some lady said I should fill out an application (Sarah too) because I have a good personality and my parents work at the post office so I have 'experience.' Which is good, hopefully I'll have a job (or 2 if I get COMP TA), but I hope she realizes that because my parents work at the Post Office, I NEVER learned how to mail stuff. I'd just give it to my mom and she'd do it for me. Sooooooooo yeah... Oh well, it is still an opportunity so I might as well try.

So that's about it. Random update, but I'm a bit bored, procrastinating a bit, and waiting for Cesca to call so there isn't much point in starting any homework. Yup. Sounds about right to me. Especially since part of my homework involves studying for Macro, a class that is the bane of my existence, although I am inexplicably good at it. No idea how/why, but I'm not complaining.

Currently listening to Hello Goodbye from Glee (even though I know its a Beetles song) cause it has been stuck in my head all day. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment