Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Update

So, Cesca and I continued the hunt for my khaki shorts/pants for my OL job this summer. I didn't think it would be that hard, but finding shorts that are both the appropriate length and color proved rather difficult. I have about 3 pairs for the summer, 2 of which are more bermuda style which is alright. And I can't find pants. I would really like some, you know, because Ithaca has a tendency to get cold when you least expect it, and I'd at least like to be prepared. So today's shopping trip wasn't a total fail, I did get a few shorts plus a couple of cute new t shirts.

On another note, which is a bit happier, I went to visit my Grandma on Sunday and she is doing much better. She still doesn't actually recognized anyone, but she sort of responded to 'Grandma' and was actually speaking in full sentences to both the nurse and us, so I can't complain. She even fed herself properly, which is a step up. I don't know what it means, because I can tell she isn't all there anymore, but at least she has a little bit of the spunk I once saw in her every day. It's faint, but it is there, and that's all I need.

In Glee news, OH. MY. GOD. So many awesome things. In no particular order
1.) Jesse admitting he is starting to like Rachel
2.)NEIL PATRICK HARRIS AND MATTHEW MORRISON DUET
3.)
Idina Menzel being Rachel's mother, even though we all saw that coming
4.) Their rendition of I Dreamed a Dream. God I love that song, and their version was so heartfelt and emotional that I almost started to cry
5.) The Piano Man cover. Love the song, love MM and NPH.
6.) We finally found out the other asian kid's name: Mike Chang
7.) NEXT WEEK IS A FREAKING LADY GAGA EPISODE.

There were probably others, but I'm too excited to think about them. What a great episode.

Other news, I'm going on vacation!!!! Well, sort of. It involves a lot of driving and travel, but basically I'm going to chill with my cousins on a beach. I don't want to give away too many details because you have to be careful about these things, you know. However, that makes my BK work a bit less horrible, since I start tomorrow, work for 4 days, have a week off, work for another 4ish days and then head back to Ithaca for a summer of fun! Well, and work, but I don't think it will be too bad.

I also started to unpack, which is turning out to be a thorn in my side, seeing as I have to unpack now, pack for vacation, unpack that, repack for Ithaca, unpack that and then repack my whole dorm room for next semester. Ugh.

So Cesca and I have made it through quite a few movies since we've been home: Swan Princess, V for Vendetta, Thumbelina, Leap Year, and The Princess Bride (my brother was annoyed we put it on but was totally watching the whole time, haha)

Anyway, I think that this is one of my favorite parts of The Princess Bride, and I thought you all would enjoy seeing it too!!! Have a good start to summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment