Sunday, June 6, 2010

Orientation Schedule

Holy shit. This is going to be intense. Here's the basics:

I have training every day from about 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Except I have Saturdays off (thankfully). I will be using those to rest, I think.

We are having a ton of meetings informing us about everything from the different schools to just about every office/service available on campus. I will know more about IC than I ever thought I would after these two weeks, I think.

Among other things, we will be decorating the floors/bulletin boards, working in the office, going to information sessions and teambuilding. Oh yeah, and a dance. Yikes. I can't say I'm excited right now, I'm a bit frazzled and nervous, but I think everyone else is too... My mom texted me after she and my father left and said that "they wouldn't have picked you if you weren't awesome- go show that Christina to the world!" and in our OL training manuals, it says "trust yourself, you were chosen as an OL for a reason" so I guess I don't have anything to worry about. I hope I can find whatever it is that everyone sees in me and turn it up for these next couple of weeks.

Anyway, after these rigorous training days, the Orientation schedule doesn't seem to be that bad. Here it is for your reference, although Casey is probably the only one who will find this useful, as she is the only one that lives a convenient distance from Ithaca to visit for a short time.

  • Session I (Transfer Students): June 18
  • Session II: June 21-23
  • Session III: June 23-25
  • Session IV: June 28 -30
  • Session V: July 7-9
  • Session VI: July 12-14
  • Session VII: July 14-16
Then I stay to clean up til the 18th of July and I'm done! So it really isn't that long of a time to be away from home, especially since I can be home the 30 to like the 6th.

Also, I'm thinking that since our OL training theme is Toy Story, we will be seeing Toy Story 3 when it comes out this June. So that is actually really exciting! Alright, well I'm off to get ready for bed. Cornell ropes course tomorrow! Yay!?

No comments:

Post a Comment