Thursday, January 20, 2011

This is going to be insane

Well, in the interest of updating but not having much to say, this entry will probably be pretty short.

First week of classes down. Not too bad I suppose, as I only have 3, but they're all about 2 and a half hours, which is a long time to be sitting in one class, especially when you would rather be out on the town exploring.

Since I didn't have my work placement this week, I didn't really do much of anything. We wandered around a bit on my days off, got some grocery shopping done (which must be done more frequently here, as there are less preservatives and food goes bad faster), and began planning basically the whole semester.

It promises to be very busy. I have a show to see just about every Monday for the rest of the semester. Luckily, none of the theatres are particularly far from my work placement (thankfully Piccadilly is pretty central). Most of the trips shouldn't take more than half an hour to get to. Which means I might have time to stop for something to eat on Mondays! Yay! So that promises to be interesting, as we are seeing some random and obscure things. Not the mega musicals I am used to, so it will be a nice change of pace. I'd probably never see even half of these in the states, so I feel the experience is worthwhile.

Other than that, not much to report. My classes seem interesting (though, as I said, they run a bit long). British professors tend to grade harder, but I'm going to try and not worry about all As this semester. It is about the experience. I'd rather enjoy London, not stay in my flat studying all the time.

Anyway, so our lineup of things to do includes seeing a few shows (Les Mis, Billy Elliot, Showstoppers (an improvised musical), Phantom, Swan Lake, and I may also torture myself through Love Never Dies when Cesca comes to visit), as well as a few countries. Italy, France and Switzerland are on the list for Spring Break, with Spain and Ireland to follow in the Spring.  Plus some galavanting around London and England of course.

It promises to be an excellent, if not exhausting, 4 months of awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment