Tuesday, March 9, 2010

This essay is killing me

Seriously, this Spiritual Journeys paper is killing me. I have a really good idea for one part- My Nightmare Before Christmas/Jew in the Lotus parallel is freaking rocking that prompt. The other 2, not so much. I just don't know how to quote and include Eck, Wearing and Kingston in the paper. I don't even know how to include woman warrior in the freaking paper. There weren't any real journeys in there besides her mom and her aunt, but I don't know what that says about the journey or what it proves.

Like seriously, who assigns a freaking 5 page in depth essay and gives you the choices like a week before it is due? It took me a good 2-3 days to sort out which choice I was picking and then another day to choose what direction I was going with the choice I chose. Now I'm sitting here, swamped by my other tests trying to analyze things I read months ago deeply. We had to read the books so fast that I couldn't go as deep as I wanted, and as such I'm having a hard time relating things to the topic. Seriously, I have better things to be doing with my life than trying to find a quote about tourism ruining religious dialogue from Honeymoon in Purdah. I have freaking exams to worry about, plus it has been so long since I've seen my bella and I just want to go home.

I was feeling optimistic earlier today about everything. I thought stats went pretty well and I kind of get economics, and I think comp will be pretty easy considering I have a 99.6 in the class and this test doesn't count for much. But this essay is ruining my night. I just don't know where it is going, and it really bugs me because it shouldn't be this hard. But the class didn't really give me the depth I wanted in regards to the books. It's like we read them but don't discuss them, so I'm left to interpret what I will without input from others, which isn't helpful at a time like this.

Ugh. FML I just want to be home.


Currently listening to Whataya Want From Me by Adam Lambert cause Casey's been singing it and it has been stuck in my head. And the title is appropriate cause I don't know what the hell Prof Wagner wants from this essay...

On a completely unrelated note, it is ONE WEEK UNTIL MY BIRTHDAY!!!! I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment